TECO Joint Workshop 2017 & EU-India Call on Water
A milestone along the exciting pathway of the Indo-European Research and Innovation partnership!
Thanks to the participation of Institutional authorities (EU Delegation, DST, DBT), relevant research centres and universities, private companies and more than 200 participants, TECO Joint Workshop 2017 was a remarkable opportunity for a multifaceted dialogue and networking among the principal actors of the Indo-European water and soil policy!
The two days event was enlivened by many guests of honor, among them the Ambassador of the European Union to India, Tomasz Kozlowski, Sadhana Relia and Arvind Kumar (Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India), Rajendra Prasad Patury (Indian Co-Chair on Water Cooperation), Tania Friederichs (Head R&I, EU Delegation to India), Massimo Spadoni (Scientific attaché of Embassy of Italy in New Delhi), Fabio Trincardi through video messagge (Director DTA, CNR Italy), Angelo Massacci (Director IBAF, CNR Italy) and Rakesh Kumar (Director NEERI, CSIR India).
TECO Team was fully present and we are very satisfied and proud for the big succes in participation, for the numerous tokens of appreciation and for the busy networking activity. The Italian side of the TECO team was: Massimo Zacchini, Laura Passatore and Serena Carloni. From Indian side: Paras R. Pujari, Shalini Dhyani, Parikshit Verma and Pawan Labhasetwar.
The main challenges arisen during the scientific discussion have been:
- the opportunity for further investment in research and cooperation in the water sector
- the importance to bring together different cultures, experiences and expertise to solve common environmental problems
- the improvement of international cooperation and investment
- the need for better educational policies to make people aware about the environmental impacts caused by the uncontrolled anthropogenic activities
- the importance to improve and exploit present technologies for achieving required degree of decontamination
- the strategic role of active collaboration among scientists and policy makers
Following you can find some additional news/documents about the event and the H2020 EU-India Water Call
- EU Delegation event promotion
- Ambassador of the European Union to India, Tomasz Kozlowski, speech
- Presentations and concept notes from participants
- EU-India Call on Water official presentation and details
TECO project is co-funded by the European Union